It’s picnic season and nobody is more excited than we are the Everett Farmer’s Market. We have everything and more to make your picnic ideas an instant reality. If you bring your own compostable plates, utensils and picnic baskets, there are plenty of places around the Everett Farmer’s Market that beckon you to spend a few hours savoring locally-crafted food.
We bring in the most talented businesses from Washington that know more than a thing or two about their craft. We’ve put together a sample picnic meal idea using goods sold at the Everett Farmer’s Market. We hope you use this as a creative starting point to make the best of this wonderful time of the year.
- Pick up some fresh herbs from our many produce and plant vendors.
- Find the best deals on fresh radishes from our vendors at Rabbit Fields Farm, Frog Song Farm, Lee’s Fresh Produce and Skipley Farm
- Grab a pint of the sweetest fresh and in-season strawberries from Skagit Sun Farm. Magana Farms also has beautiful Yakima Valley-grown cherries that would rival any grocery store purchase.
- Mix and match handcrafted artisan cheeses from our talented cheesemakers at Gothberg Farms (goat cheese), Golden Glen Creamery, Mt Townsend Creamery or Jack Mountain Meats. There are plenty of samples to help you make the best choice.
- Look for the crustiest locally-made breads at Breadfarm or Snohomish Bakery to scoop up or spread cheeses or jellies on.
Share your own Everett Farmer’s Market picnic ideas with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram #everettfarmersmarkt, and remember to be safe and courteous to others as you enjoy your time at the market.
Look for more instant picnic ideas next week.
Happy (local) shopping!
Edlyn G D’Souza is a writer and the more she says that, the truer it becomes. She has her roots in Goa and Mumbai in India, where she worked as a journalist for 5 years. She now lives in Washington where she writes in her blog egeedee.com, draws cat stuff, never tires of seeing Mt Rainier and dreams about changing the world through her stories.